Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Second Day of School: First Thoughts

(My thoughts from school straight from my journal)

Okay guys, I'm not going to sugar coat this one for you.

My second day of school has been awful. Absolutely terrible. I have no schedule for classes, they gave me a huge stack of books - all in Slovak - I don't know my way around this enormous 4-story building, all of the lessons I've been to today are taught in Slovak, none of my teachers know where I need to go, and I don't have a school counselor to help me or tell me what to do. I am completely lost. The only sliver of light on this sinking ship is the cloudy and confused help of 3 very nice girls I met in my homeroom class who are trying to translate their very foreign - to me - school schedules so I can have a rough understanding of what a normal school day - for them - entails. So here I am, sitting in the corner of a German class, listening to chunks of German and Slovak dialogue sail through the air, all the while wishing that I was back at home. And my German teacher didn't look so pleased to see me; from what little Slovak I know, I heard her say "No good" when my peers told her I was the American exchange student.

All in all, bad second day at school.

But I have to keep my head up. There's always light at the end of the tunnel.

Unless, you know, it's dark out.

No comments:

Post a Comment