Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Second Day of School: Second Thoughts

(More thoughts taken straight from my journal from today)

Having second thoughts.

Maybe it's not so hopeless for me.

After talking to my homeroom teacher and the teacher who met with us (the Rotary Exchange students) to decide our classes for the year, I am starting to feel less lost and distressed. They told me that they knew about my absence of a schedule and reassured me that I would have one by the end of the week (hopefully) and that it was okay that I was going with one of my homeroom classmates to her classes to meet other students and teachers to get into the flow of a normal schedule.

They probably reassured me like this mainly so I wouldn't just be sitting in the middle of the hallway crying like a lost child with my head between my legs. Nonetheless! The reassurance helped!

So hopefully this whole school situation will get better as time goes on.

Now to go buy my "elektricenka" card for the bus or train or whatever and then find out how to get home.

And I'm still hungry.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on living the DREAM! All of the feelings and emotions are part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete